Department of Languages and Mass Communication
The Department Languages and Mass Communication of the Cavite State University – Imus Campus seeks to improve students and faculty language and skills and abilities through competent and skillful members. It also seeks to be the catalyst of professional advancement of its Mass Communication graduates in the field of Journalism. The department presents the following commitments to ensure the fulfillment of its mission, through the following objectives:
- provide quality instruction in English and the Languages to its undergraduate students to develop them into globally competent and skilled individuals;
- promote faculty development seminars in the field of Journalism exposing them to the latest issues and trends in the teaching and learning of language;
- equip each member of the department with knowledge needed in the profession; and
- reach other sectors of the society through community immersion and outreach programs.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES FOR ABJOURN
- Identify newsworthy stories in a complex field of facts and opinions, focusing on those of particular importance to the community they serve.
- Conduct journalistic research
- Write, illustrate, edit, produce and disseminate for various formats and platforms.
- Uphold journalism ethics and professional standards in keeping with the role of journalism in democracy.
- Produce scholarly works that would add to the body of knowledge on journalism.
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism (ABJOURN)
- Gomez, Abigail C.
- Ambion, Jorelle Christian P
- Baynosa, Maria Elizabeth D
- Camarce, Zara Jane S
- Cortez, King M
- Cuevillas, Jesusa Alexis M
- Darvin, Kynah Amor M
- Gatdula, Leslie Anne N
- Gaytos, Richard C
- Gonzales, Mary Grace
- Malayo, Natalie Jane M
- Modesto, Mary Joy F
- Ramos, Angela Mitzi N
- Ramos, Dante B
- Reymundo, Rona P
- Rosales, Dynesa W
- Sunga, Sophia Jean O
- Tapawan, Edna Mae S