Teachers Education Department
The Teacher Education Department works in conformance with and anchors its philosophy on the provisions of Article IV Section 6 of CHED Memo No. 30, Series 2004. According to the existing competency standards, the graduates of Bachelor of Secondary and Elementary Education programs are teachers who:
- Have the basic higher level literacy, communication, numeracy, critical thinking, and learning skills needed for higher learning;
- Have a deep and principled understanding of the learning processes in their students;
- Have a deep and principles understanding of how the educational processes are related to larger historical, social, cultural, and political processes;
- Have a meaningful and comprehensive knowledge of the subject matter they will teach;
- Can apply a wide range of teaching process skills including curriculum development, lesson planning, material development, educational assessment, and teaching processes;
- Have a direct experience in the field/classroom (e.g. classroom observation, teaching assistance, practice teaching).
- Can demonstrate and practice the professional and ethical requirements of the teaching profession;
- Can facilitate learning of diverse types of learners in diverse types of learning environments using a wide range of teaching knowledge and skills;
- Can reflects on the relationships among the process skills, the learning processing in the students, the nature of the content/subject – matter, and the broader social forces encumbering the school and the educational processes in order to constantly improve their teaching knowledge, skills and practices;
- Can be creative an innovative in thinking of alternative teaching approaches, and evaluate the effectiveness of such approaches in improving student learning; and
- Are willing and capable to continue in order to better fulfill their mission as teachers.
- Bachelor of Secondary Education (BSE)
- Major in English
- Major in Mathematics
- Gomez, Anabella C.
- Alcones, Sheenalyn E.
- Almazan, Petroliza M.
- Anapi, Steve B.
- Baguion, Ma. Carlota G.
- Basco, Ma. Corazon M.
- Llanillo, Alicia B.
- Malang, Harris S.
- Panigbatan Vivian V.
- Pardines, Elisa Q.
- Reyes, Diana Rose D.
- Villanueva, Imelda F.