- Science, Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Technical-Vocational-Livelihood (TVL)
- Alternative Learning System (ALS) passers
The BS Computer Science program includes the study of computing concepts and theories, algorithmic foundations and new developments in computing The program prepares students to design and create algorithmically complex software and develop new and effective algorithms for solving computing problems.
The program also includes the study of the standards and practices in Software Engineering. It prepares students to acquire skills and disciplines required for designing, writing and modifying software components, modules and applications that comprise software solutions.
The BSCS graduates are expected to become globally competent, innovative, and socially and ethically responsible computing professionals engaged in life-long learning endeavors. They are capable of contributing to the country's national development goals.
Specific Professions/careers/occupations for Graduates:
Primary Job Roles
- Software Engineer
- Systems Software Developer
- Research and Development computing professional
- Applications Software Developer
- Computer Programmer
Secondary Job Roles
- Systems Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Software Support Specialist